Seriously. Or a therapist. I’m not sure which. I think the life coach would be most helpful. Someone part therapist, part drill sergeant.
I am by far the most indecisive person I know. From relationships to eyeshadow. Maybe it’s because I’m a Libra. Although, I’m not quite sure how much stock I put in astrology. Anyway, the point is that I need someone to tell me what to do.
This is the advice that I would like to have the willpower to heed:
- Don’t buy things you don’t need. Even though food is a need, JP Licks and Indian take out are not necessary sustenance.
- Quit fucking smoking already! I’m down to 3 a day. At least one of those, I don’t even want. It’s just that that’s when I have a cigarette, so I do.
- GO TO THE GYM! If you’re not going because you’re tired, then go to bed earlier. TV is not that important. Especially when you have a goddamned TIVO.
- Don’t break down when you’re having a bad day. It’s unprofessional. And, quite frankly, it’s too ladylike. You’re never going to move up if you cry every time something goes wrong.
- In addition to the above, don’t wear your heart on your sleeve. I was feeling overwhelmed in a meeting the other day, and my direct supervisor apologized afterward and asked what she could do to better prepare me. My director had no idea I felt overwhelmed. That was because my director was sitting next to me and couldn’t see my face. My supervisor, on the other hand, was across from me.
- When you make a to do list, give it a reasonable deadline and follow through.
- Don’t eat dessert for breakfast like you do every day (chocolate croissants are my weakness).
- Don’t analyze every decision over and over and over. Find some compromise between your head and heart.