As a reminder of where we were, I went from no makeup in the first picture to my base layer in the second picture:
Next up are lips, eyeshadow and mascara. **I can never decide on whether or not I use the oxford comma. I used to religiously, but I’ve noticed that no one really does it any more, so now I find myself typing it and then going back and deleting it. Thoughts?
- In the top middle, you can see a mini palette from Mary Kay. My friend won a free makeup party at a wedding expo, so I went, bought two real sized eyeshadows and won this cute little thing. I actually really like Mary Kay eyeshadow. It blends well, with just enough pigment. My mom used to sell it when I was a kid, and the sales kits came with basically coloring by number pictures that you would fill in with their sample eyeshadow, so that’s how I learned to put on makeup. With this palette, I used Lime from the inside of my eye to up and above the crease. Then I used the Amber Blaze in the center.
- I highlighted under my eyebrow with The Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer ($24). Another free sample. I don’t know where all the makeup I buy ends up, because it seems like most of what I use are free samples.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish ($20) which I’ll let the company describe as a “deep bronze sheen” – 100% accurate. A really gorgeous, rich but not overpowering color. Also, it was another freebie. I used this to line the top.
- Then I used Loreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner ($9) in Cobalt blue on the bottom.
- Back to the Mary Kay palette for some blue in the corner and crease. Then I used the darkest color in my Sephora palette ($25) to set the brown eyeliner.
- Curled my lashes with my trusty Tweezerman Procurl Lash Curler ($20) [this is an absolute must purchase! despite what you may think, all eyelash curlers are NOT created equal] and applied my Clinique mascara ($20).
- My lips were pretty chapped yesterday, so I exfoliated with e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator ($3), moisturized with Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil ($3.50), and added a little color and plumping with C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in Violet Mint ($7.50).
- To top it all off, I use what I like to call face hairspray, NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray ($8).
Then, I got dressed, went on a cider tour, and split a growler of Downeast Original Cider. It tastes like farm fresh apple cider…but with ABV!