- I decided I like the holiday season better than the actual holiday. The mall even has kids’ gingerbread houses on display! Everything is beautiful and whimsical and delicious until your force fed some family time.
- Speaking of delicious, J.P.Lick’s December flavors are baller. Gingersnap molasses, eggnog, black cherry vanilla chocolate chip, chocolate hazelnut (i.e. Nutella). Can I get 4 flavors in a medium cup? Probably not. 2 large cups? Probably. Sounds like a plan. I’m writing this at 8am and now I’m craving ice cream.
- When I was at Dunkin Donuts last week, yes the one that spurred this whole rant, I also asked them to make me a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a croissant donut. They make the sandwich on a croissant. They make the sandwich on a donut. But they would not make it on a croissant donut! Please note, their croissant donuts are NOT filled like the ubiquitous Cronut of lore, so there is no reason they can’t slice that baby in half and put a previously frozen egg patty, microwaved bacon, and individually wrapped cheese on it! Between this and the goddamn non-resealable lid, I’m really losing faith in America.
- I got this delicious summer burrito and Nutella shake at Boloco Wednesday night after the gym. It was 10:30pm and I was just getting around to eating dinner, so I decided that I deserved Nutella. My day’s worth of calories was pretty good, so I thought I wouldn’t be too far over, especially with the mini burrito. Well I should have gotten the mini shake. The regular size contains more than half my daily calorie allowance. Ooops. Worth it.
- Lack of sleep! I’ve had a total of 7 hours of sleep over the past 2 nights. When I don’t get enough sleep, not only am I super cranky, but my sinuses get all stuffy and I lose my voice. I wanted to call in sick just to sleep, but I should save my time for important things…like school or a bad hangover.