I finished classes last night at 8pm…And had time to get to the gym! Now i get to start working on the rest of my massive to do list! Most of which involves baking.
Today is our annual friendsgiving/holiday party and I signed up to make a side dish. There’s a yankee swap that usually includes a bunch of items like mousepads and t-shirts imprinted with terrible pictures of us. As my one friend reminds me from time to time, she drinks coffee out of my head every morning.
I also have a work holiday potluck, the bf’s family’s Christmas Party, and I’m putting together cookie tins for a bunch of people. Here’s my plan!
- Green Bean Elegante for Friendsgiving on 12/13
- Family recipe for with green beans, cream of chicken soup, cheese, bacon and onions
- Egg Nog Dip with [store bought] Ginger Snaps and Pretzels for Work Holiday Potluck on 12/17
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie for BF’s Family Party on 12/20 in NY ~ This should travel well!
- My Recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for Cookie Tin Presents
- Make the recipe on the inside cap of the Quaker oatmeal can, but increase the brown sugar to 1 Cup and add in more spices. The recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. I usually add to that 1/2 teaspoon each of one or two of the following: nutmeg, allspice, ginger.
- Egg Nog Cookies for Cookie Tin Presents from my very first cookbook – a Mrs. Fields dessert cookbook
- Hot Chocolate Cookies for Cookie Tin
The cookie tins are a little complicated since I need half of them ready by 12/19 to bring to NY with us, and the other half I’m not giving out until Christmas Day. I don’t want to give people stale cookies! But Google assures me I can freeze cookie dough. So I’m going to make half for NY, freeze the rest and make those when I get back.
I’ll post pictures once I’m done!!