I started worrying about what I would write for my 100th post around the 85th one. Should I do something special? Or nothing at all? 100 posts doesn’t really mean anything, especially given the multi-year breaks I’ve taken on this blog. But…it is a milestone. An accomplishment of some sort. Yes, anybody can write 100 blurbs about anything. I could write how I’m feeling 100 days in a row without giving it much thought. But…it’s still something.
I could recap my most popular posts, my favorite posts, the weird search terms that have gotten people here. I could take my time and write about something meaningful. I’m always afraid to write about something meaningful, but I don’t know if I can do it justice. I could get really personal and reveal more of myself than the superficial makeup and drive for a better body. I could take the time to revamp my blog and fix the categorization because it’s driving me nuts. I could do a lot of things. And I will do bits and pieces of each.
My 1st Post – May 28, 2010 – A Little Background: From the First Drag
Rereading this doesn’t spawn any lessons learned or new remarks. It’s a story I’ve told so often, it’s practically rehearsed at this point. Reading through some of my other early posts from when I was in the throes of quitting is good for me. Because I’m getting to the point where I’ll be in the throes of quitting again. While I don’t admit defeat, I’m pretty much smoking Friday through Sunday most weekends. What was once a once a month treat has become my default when I’m not at work, and I’m forgetting why I wanted to quit in the first place. That right there is red flag that I’m on a slippery slope, that I don’t care if I fall.
My Favorite Post – October 16, 2014 – What makes you feel authentic?
I reread this when I’m doubting myself and it bumps up my confidence.
My Most Viewed Post – January 22, 2011 – Product Placement in Burn Notice
I thought I was really smart as an undergrad. I still do.
Search Terms – Some of the oddest searches that have brought people to my blog:
- sexy cankles
- Who searches this? And what did they do when they saw a picture of my sexy cankles?? ick.
- sperry shoes girl purple
- You were probably shopping. I’m sorry your search brought you to me. I don’t sell anything. Except whiny sarcasm and unqualified make up tips. I hope you found what you were looking for.
- “how” uv light color change color “no shopping”
- You, sir or madam, are bad at boolean search terms.
- fake black rimmed glasses annoying
- Another one where I don’t know what they expected to find.
- And then there’s a whole host of people who got fed a form reply from American Airlines when they were pissed off. I’m glad we could at least commiserate.
That’s my little retrospective for the day. I do intend over this Christmas break to fix some of my categories, but I’m trying to relax, go with the flow, and just embrace the diversity of crap that I want to write about. Still, having uncategorized posts makes me itchy.