- Thank you all for the nice comments and recovery wishes. It really means a lot when you feel like everything is going wrong. This whole thing has been extremely frustrating, because I feel like I’m in limbo. Not hurt enough to warrant actual diagnosis or treatment, but still in pain everyday. And, fatalistic as it might sound, EVERY time I make progress running, I get hurt. I know that this probably wasn’t from running, but I can throw any progress I made out the window. Okay, that was my one pity party of the day.
- I’ve been breaking out like crazy this week, so I thought I’d share with you my favorite concealers. I don’t usually wear any face make up besides under my eyes, but when I’m all red and bumpy, it’s necessary. If it’s real bad, I start with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($34). This is so thick, I find it hard to apply and only use it when my skin is at it’s absolute worst. I cover it with my usual Nars Foundation ($38). THEN comes one of my favorite products: Everyday Minerals Concealer ($9). I never thought a powder could conceal so well, but it does and it blends and it doesn’t come off. Bare Minerals makes my skin really itchy, but this stuff just works. And it’s cheaper!
- Tomorrow we’re headed to Long Island for the BF’s dad’s 60th Birthday Party. It’s a big surprise party, so we aren’t leaving until noon-ish. As we were talking about things we could do on the way, I keep suggesting Momofuku Milk Bar. If you haven’t heard of it, they are the home of Crack Pie, they have a ton of locations in NYC and Canada, and a very successful cookbook. Seriously, everything looks amazing. I want the FrankenPie and the Compost Cookies.
- However, I changed my mind and opted NOT to add an hour to our travels, since, ya know I’m not eating dessert right now AND, oh yeah, I have homework and a midterm to do. School is stressing me out right now. Without desserts I’ve been eating a LOT of salty snacks. EIGHT WEEKS LEFT
- I am making time to go out tonight, though! I’ll be dragging my club foot out to see the Mallett Brothers Band. A couple of our friends grew up in the same town in Maine and turned us on to them. So fun to see live!