I know that if I stop running, I stop hurting. I stop getting injured.
I’ve written before about why I want to run. After my no-dessert stint, I’d like to add to that list. I read a lot of runner’s blogs and they enjoy bacon mac & cheese burgers, cheesecake, froyo, doughnuts, you name it. And they enjoy them DAILY. Because they’re burning 800+ calories daily. I want that. I want guilt free doughnuts. Can I get that without running? Probably. But, oh yeah, I like running.
- Pull Ups = 5! I finally made it to 5! I think that’s from doing 4 with the extra weight of the boot [Goal = 10 in a row]
- Workouts = 3
- Physical Therapy Exercises = 0
- Friday 2/27 – Exercises for Toned Arms – 10 reps of the 15 moves that don’t require weight on my leg, with 5 lb weights. It hurt a TON while I was doing (which is why I only did 10 reps instead of 15), but I didn’t feel sore at all after…or like I accomplished anything.
- Tuesday 3/3 – BOOT WORKOUT 1
- Pull Ups – 5
- Modified Push Ups – 30
- Sit Ups – 30
- Oblique Sit Ups – 30 ea. side
- Donkey Kicks – 30 ea. side
- Fire Hydrants – 30 ea. side
- Wednesday 3/4 – 15 Minute Abs – But, really, 10 minute abs because I only did 8 of the exercises. The 8 that did not require standing or weight on my foot.
My goal is to do 4 workouts at home, no weight on my foot. Obviously this is limiting and enables me to be lazy. Like I should have doubled or tripled the reps I did today. So, I’m making that my goal, to push myself while doing these stationary, “easy” workouts so that I’m not just checking a box, I’m actually making progress.
Theoretically, I should be able to walk on my ankle without a boot or a brace on Monday. I plan to do PT exercises, both the ankle strengthening and hip strengthening ones, on a lighter resistance band on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Based on how I feel, I’ll increase the bands until I get back up to where I was.