- First of all, I switched from the walking boot to an ankle brace. I had no idea what kind of brace to buy, so I ended up buying one from the Air Cast brand. It is terribly uncomfortable. I can’t tell if my foot is feeling better because it’s in pain in other places from the brace and from the fact that it hasn’t properly walked in a week. My arches are angry. Angry Angry Arches. Anyway…
- I have a vacation booked! It’s not until August and we don’t even get our own bedroom, but we’ll be in Ocean City, MD for 1 whole week on the beach with 15 of my closest friends. Hells yeah. Last time we went, the waves were insane. My bathing suits STILL have sand in the liners (despite washing, cutting holes in them, soaking, etc.) I also managed to flash like 5 people with bathing suit malfunctions. Good times. All of this necessitated bathing suit shopping, and what better time than in 10 degree weather while I’m wearing a walking boot?!
- Who in their right mind wears this bathing suit? A. Tan lines. B. Sausage casing. The solid back? With that front? I don’t understand.
- Is this really fucked up photoshopping? It almost looks like they tried to make her hip larger, rather than her waist smaller. Or did they cut off so much of her waist on the left side (her right) that the hip looks like an abnormal protrusion? I really don’t understand what I’m looking at.
- I ended up going to Target and getting this adorable bikini for $14.99 per piece in the store. At first I wasn’t sure about the “flounce” top. That and the criss-cross back cover 2 of my tattoos, things I usually want to show off in a bathing suit. The sports-bra-esque top makes me look pretty flat (which I am, so…haha). Howeva, the flounce top makes my stomach look cinched in. It gives me the correct proportions and it’s amazing. Even at my fittest, my measurements around my ribcage, waist, and just above my hips are within an inch of each other. I am straight up and down and flat as a board. I joke because it’s been this way my whole life and I’m more or less happy with it. That being said, this top makes me look downright curvy. I’m so happy I tried it on!