Angela over at The Keen Peach nominated me and it is really an honor. I know these awards are floating around everywhere and I know many people have been nominated, etc. etc. But the reason it’s an honor is because of who it comes from. This chick LIFTS. She’s a mom. She eats clean. She does inspirational things that I don’t ever aspire to do! I know I’m coming off as a little (or a lot?) self-deprecating here…I’m sorry? How inspiring was that?! Moving on – a huge thank you to Angela! Check out her awesome progress in her Reloaded challenge and learn more about eating clean.
The rules are these:
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you
- List the rules, and display the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate other awesome blogs
7 Facts About Me!
- I was born in Orange County, California, but I am a Masshole through and through. However, my mom, raised in the Valley, imparted some gems that had many first graders and the girls in my Brownie troop laughing at me. Yes, at the ripe old age of 7, I was walking around saying “Oooo, I’m so scared I’m shakin in blue suede shoes!” and “Ugh, gag me with a spoon!” I’m sure it was charming.
- I have 5 tattoos. I’ve written about two of them so far – HERE & HERE. I’m dying for a 6th, 7th, 8th, nth, but I just can’t decide on what to put where first: Mary Poppins, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, an elephant, a Japanese waterfall with peonies or chrysanthemums…SO MANY THINGS! Though, the older I get the harder it is to justify spending so much money on them.
- I wish I went into political science or mechanical engineering as an undergrad…something that had a clear career path. I chose Business because I didn’t know what I wanted to do and it was SO broad that it could support whatever choices I made, but that is biting me in the ass because I am SO indecisive. I know a little about a LOT of things, but I wish I knew a LOT about 1 thing. I’m smart and I’m great at my current job, but I feel like a complete idiot when people ask me to describe my Masters degree (operations research) or my future plans (no fucking idea).
- My absolute favorite movie is Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken. It is an amazing, totally inspiring movie about a young girl who overcomes her poor family circumstances and later overcomes blindness to continue her dream, horse diving (yes, totally weird, and you’ve probably never heard of it). It’s based on a true story and features a young Gabrielle Anwar of Burn Notice and Scent of a Woman. She’s amazing and so is this movie – watch it!
- Addiction runs in my family. A lot. There’s some thinly veiled alcoholism. 1 heroin addict. And most of us are addicted to cigarettes. My levels of addiction to cigarettes and coffee are pretty damn low in comparison. I want to write about more of it, but I haven’t yet found words that can do the pain and love justice. Addiction is truly a family disease and that’s not something I understood in full until the past few years. It is difficult for me to understand the actions of many addicts, but I hurt for and sympathize with them and their families. I’ll leave it there for now.
- What I was little, I wanted to be the first woman president of the United States. President itself wasn’t good enough. It had to be the first woman president. I want to rejuvenate that drive within myself, not that exact dream.
- Still as a child, but old enough to dream for things other than the presidency, I pictured myself as a single badass bitch, wearing pastel pants suits, living in a pent house suite. Why were the pants suits pastel? Probably because Barbie’s pants suits were pastel. Well, I’m not single and I sure as hell can’t afford a penthouse, but I am a badass bitch in black pants suits (and dresses, and jeans, and sweatshirts, and running tights).
Nominate Some Other Awesome Blogs
- I just started reading Running on Healthy. The author is easy to read, super informative (she’s a running coach!), and inspires me to run better and smarter.
- L over at Bubbles and Booyah is fit, healthy, and fun. She also nominated me for the Sisterhood award and I owe her one 😛 … especially because no one I nominated for that one answered my questions even though she and I were super into it! Haha
- Stephie Estie inspires me to learn more about my makeup products and skin care routine.