- Pull Ups = Back down to 4 😦 Last week I did 5! This week I was lazy. [Goal = 10 in a row]
- Workouts = 3
- Thursday 3/5 – Exercises for Toned Arms – I upped this to 1 set of 15 reps of the 15 moves that don’t require weight on my leg, with 5 lb weights. I only did 10 reps last week.
- Monday 3/9 – Exercises for Toned Arms – 2 sets of 10! After 3 days of nothing…lol. + 30 sit ups and 15 each side oblique sit ups
- Wednesday 3/11 – Abs & Hips – I stole a few moves (emphasis on few, since most of the workout is standing up) 6 Week 6 Pack from Jillian Michaels for my bum leg and increased the reps. Then, I added in hips, since I’m very off-kilter with this boot on. I’m doing this workout when I get home today:
- Long Lever Crunches 30 ea. side
- Back Extensions with Lat Pull 30
- Double Crunch 30
- Side Crunch 30 ea. side
- Diagonal Get Ups 30 ea. side
- Clamshells 15 ea. side
- Donkey Kicks 15 ea. side
- Fire Hydrants 15 ea. side
WEEKLY GOALS Non-Update Update on My Ankle
Fuck weekly goals. I can’t make goals when I have no idea how mobile I’ll be. Okay, so that was a little self-defeating. I’m a little frustrated. It’s not being able to really work out and get some endorphins and sweat out all the bullshit combined with the reason I can’t work out – this boot on my foot that doesn’t know why it’s there or how long it has to stay. It just wants some answers, the poor boot! It deserves that much, doesn’t it?! I’m veering into the theatrical (or maniacal? dramatical? insane?) — hold on, I’ll reel in the crazy…
Last week, I attempted to switch to an ankle brace as instructed. After 2.5 days and 2 different ankle braces, I was wincing with every step and extremely cranky. Boot back on! On Monday, I called ahead to the doctor to see if he wanted me to get an MRI before my follow up appointment, since my ankle and foot were no better than when I saw him previously. He wanted to see me first before ordering an MRI. Of course. You make that money, orthopedist. Another co-pay later and I have an appointment for an MRI and another follow up with the orthopedist.
I had the MRI yesterday, which was a strange experience. I’ve never had one before, so I was pretty excited to see it. But it’s just a huge, gray piece of GE machinery and you can’t move for 30 minutes. Not my strong suit. I’ve been getting up at 5am to get to work by 7:30am to try and make up some time that I’ve taken being at all these appointments, so I was exhausted and kept nodding off. But then my other leg would twitch and I would freak out that I moved too much and threw off the whole image. Needless to say I was very disoriented when it was finally finished.
I don’t get to hear the results of the MRI until next Monday because Monday’s are the only day that the orthopedist is at a local satellite office, as opposed to one an hour and a half away. Hopefully, I’ll know something on Monday. He did mention that it might be my cartilage. WebMD tells me that’s not good.