- Being stuck in this boot is really making me rethink my fashion. I’ve combed through my closet and found every work outfit that matches my sneakers. I think it works, no?
- I finally caught up on Scandal, and I don’t know how I feel about them taking on Ferguson. I think it was a great episode and they didn’t go too deep into all the complicated issues, but went deep enough to represent them accurately (I believe. I am definitely not the expert on the subject). It was satisfying and also sad to see them wrap it up so cleanly and justly. Satisfying because the episode did find the truth and those to blame were persecuted. Sad because that hasn’t happened in real life and probably cannot. The GoFugYourself girls did a truly excellent recap of the episode if you’re so inclined: http://www.gofugyourself.com/fug-the-show-scandal-recap-season-4-episode-14-the-lawn-chair-03-2015
- I know I’ve talked about J.P. Licks before, but it’s worth repeating. The place is awesome. It’s a coffee and ice cream shop. They have delicious coffee and ice cream. If you live in the Boston, I highly recommend you get the customer card. You get a free ice cream sundae when you sign up and during your birthday month every year. AND for every $50 you spend, you get $5 back. I’m racking up those $5 faster than ever!
- I’ve got the house to myself this weekend because the boys are ice fishing in Maine. Whenever I have the house to myself, I always think I’ll get a TON done – cleaning, laundry, homework. But, no. What I really do when I’m home alone is drink wine, smoke cigarettes, and watch porn. I’m a heathen.
- Besides my fun alone time 😉 my friends and I are also having an old school, all girl sleepover at my friend’s house in the ‘burbs. We’re bringing chick flicks and boxed wine and baked goods. I think normally I’d be upset that we weren’t going out and getting crazy, but I don’t know if it’s my boot or overwhelming school work or just that I’m getting older, but I can’t fucking wait for this sleepover. Happy weekend!