- Pull Ups = I JUST DID 6 PULL UPS – FUCK YES! It might have been sheer willpower, but I fucking did it. [Overall Goal = 10]
- Workouts = 2 – Let’s discuss…
So, as you can see in my daily recap below, I started off strong. Thursday is usually a rest day for me because I’m class until 7:20pm. Friday and Saturday I made myself do things. Saturday, I even got really excited because I forced myself to do 2 sets of things. Count em! TWO! Then, I fell off the face of the earth. Not literally unfortunately, as that probably would be some good core work. But, I did avoid exercise for the rest of the week.
I almost didn’t write this post today, since I gave myself an out yesterday by warning you that I’d be writing erratically, and because I was embarrassed/ashamed/did not want to admit that I did not reach my goal of 5 work outs. I didn’t even fucking attempt it. Then I realized that half (or most, I haven’t assessed my reasoning in awhile) the reason I write this weekly post is to hold myself accountable.
That DOES NOT mean to make myself bad. It was just one week. It doesn’t mean I will not meet my fitness goals. It just means I had a busy week and I had low willpower temporarily. It’s O.K. I did achieve some things this week, both with doing 2 sets of an ab workout for the first time and doing 6 pull ups for the first time.
- Friday 3/27 – Another random combo of exercises – 1 set of 15 of each
- Sit Ups
- Oblique Sit Ups
- Push Ups
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire Hydrants
- Saturday 3/28 – 15 Minute Abs – 2 SETS! That’s right, I did two sets! For the first time, I pushed myself to repeat it. AND, the real kicker is, it didn’t feel like complete torture. Hell yes! Small miracles 🙂
- Tuesday 3/31 – PT Exercises
I’m back in physical therapy, and out of the walking boot! I’m supposed to do these PT exercises every day (multiple times per day if I have time…yeah right…blow me).
- Side line, laying down inversion and eversion of the affected ankle – 2×25
- Side line, laying down leg lifts (hips forward, leg back) – 2×10
- Calf stretch – 30 seconds
- Heel raises – 2×10