Oh man. My friend who is also doing the half marathon is up to 8 miles right now. I’m still sitting on a big old goose egg. I know that I should just try to transfer my registration to someone. I shouldn’t go from 0 to 13.1 miles in 2 months. But I want to! To that end, I’m starting to do cardio at the gym. Well, I was starting to, then I got deathly ill with a sinus cold. And now I’m doing battle with a neti pot. That’s like exercise, right? And coughing is like doing crunches. Actually, come to think of it, I’ve exercised more this week than I have in a month! lol
- Pull Ups = Back down to 4. My goal is to reach 10 by end of the year.
- Workouts = 2
- PT = 6ish – I actually did PT every single day, but two of the days I ran out of time and didn’t finish the whole deal, so we’ll call each of those a half and then I’m at 6 days. The goal is still 7.
- Sunday 4/19 – Buzzfeed’s Dumbbell Arm Workout – 4 sets of 10 – Before I started this, I totally thought 4 sets was going to be wicked hard. Especially because I’ve done fuck all for the last 2 weeks.
- Monday 4/20 – 35 Minutes of Cardio! – 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, 5 minutes on the elliptical to test out my ankle. So far, so good.
- PT – Increase reps of heel raises and eccentrics. I’ve already increased resistance for the seated ones, so I’ll keep those steady. Here’s the whole routine with the goal increases after the arrows:
- 2×10 single leg calf raises –> 2×15
- 2×10 eccentric heel lower –> Keep at 2×10, but move from floor to step to increase the range of the heel lower.
- 2×25 tracing a J with my toes, in and outs –> Just moved up from orange to green band. Will hold it here.
- 2×30 second calf stretch – same
- 2×15 hips out and back with blue band –> 2×20
- More cardio! I only have use of the school gym for another week or two, so I need to make the best of it. The rest of this week is pretty shot with being sick and having class and going away this weekend, but I should be able to go Monday and Wednesday next week:
- Monday – 25 minutes bicycle, 15 minutes elliptical
- Wednesday – 20 minutes bicycle, 20 minutes elliptical (if I feel like I can)