- I just finished up all my classes, all the extra work outside of work. AND I’m already thinking about what I can learn next. I have approximately a million books to read on my Kindle and I’m only 50% done with Anna Karenina, so there’s that. BUT, I realized I don’t know enough about Greek Mythology. It’s SOOOOOO interesting and I want to learn more. It will help me follow more of the story lines on Orphan Black. LOL
- Don’t you hate it when you go pee in a public restroom and something smells funny. You look around like, “What is that smell? Where is it coming from?” Then you realize that you ate asparagus at lunch.
- I’ve been continuing my quest to cook as much as possible. Last Saturday I spent all day making Taco Cornbread Casserole, Cherry Cola Cake, and Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette. Everything was DELICIOUS. I used Cherry Dr. Pepper in the cake, because I don’t like cola and I had to buy a 2 liter, so I didn’t want a ton of extra coke lying around. I also couldn’t find pomegranate cherry juice concentrate, so I put in a couple tablespoons of Pom Blueberry juice in the frosting = soooo good. The tomatoes tasting good, but I could have gotten almost the same effect with tomatoes and salad dressing, all for much less $$ and work. All of these were extremely calorie dense (except for the tomatoes, obviously), so MyFitnessPal is a little perturbed with me. From now on, going through the Taste of Home recipes, I’m not going to make desserts unless there’s an occasion.
- Since I’m running again, I got out all my exercise clothes and found these shorts with tags still on them. They’re Reebok spandex shorts that I found at TJMaxx for $12 a few months ago. They are my new favorite thing to run in. Short shorts results in chafed thighs. I have no thigh gap (nor do I want one, to be honest), therefore, long runs result in bruises between my legs (I’ll forgo making a dirty joke here – that would be in poor taste). Here are the magical shorts that keep me cool and bruise/chafing free!
- AND….DRUM ROLL PLEASE….I’M GRADUATING TODAY!!!!!!