I signed up for Ipsy months ago and sat on the wait list forever because I refuse to share promotions on Facebook. 2 weeks ago I noticed a $10 charge on my credit card and realized that I was FINALLY getting my first Ipsy bag!
Here’s what came in the bag:
- Sample size – The Balm Nude Dude eyeshadow in Flirty – it’s sold as part of this palette for $36
- Sample size – Glam Glow Thirsty Cleanse Hydrating Cleanser $39
- Sample size – Dermalogica Clear Start toner $19.50
- Full size – Cailyn Cosmetics Pure Lust Extreme Matte Tint $19
- Full size – Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray $24
Just the two full size products are worth $43 and I only paid $10 for the bag, the samples, and the full size products. That’s pretty damn good.
So far, I’ve used the GlamGlow cleanser and the Clear Start toner. I’ll review the rest of the bag next week!
I didn’t have high hopes for the cleanser, given the last time I reviewed GlamGlow, but this one was pretty awesome. The instructions tell you to rub it on your face dry, then add water to make it foam up. It’s thick, like mud, and feels like a good quality clay mask. It doesn’t exactly foam with water, but does get a smidge sudsy. It left my skin feeling really soft, and fresh, and clean. My pores were truly cleared out.
I haven’t used a toner in years, but I like the Clean Start well enough. It has a lemony citrus smell and feels refreshing. Hopefully it does clear breakouts! If that’s the case, I’ll gladly buy the full size.