I mostly successfully rehabbed my food (tomorrow will either confirm or deny that) and I hit the gym this week for some non-injury-causing cardio. I’m proud of myself for staying at the gym for over an hour on Friday night. I am not proud of myself for the lack of strength or stretching.
- PT = 4x
- Miles = 4.67 miles
- Cardio = 182 minutes
- Workouts = 4x
- Monday 6/1 – PT
- Tuesday 6/2 – 1.22 miles run, 12:50 minutes + PT – My tendon hurts. Which means my foot hurts. Which means I can’t run until it stops hurting. In other annoying news, my GPS is wacky. It logged this run as 1.55 miles, which I knew wasn’t right. As you can see in the second map, I’ve run it before in 1.22 miles. Now, I know I can run it faster, but I didn’t know I could run it shorter.
- Wednesday 6/3 – GYM! 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical – I was barely sweating from the bike. Then after a minute on the elliptical, I was already deciding to only 15 minutes because 45 minutes total of cardio is better than 30 is better than 0. But, my logic kicked in. If I can’t do 30 minutes on the elliptical, I can’t do 180 minutes in a race. Honestly, if I can’t do 180 minutes on the elliptical, I can’t do 180 minutes in a race. But I don’t think the gym will like that very much. I will try to get up to 2 hours combined on the bike and elliptical. And I know I should move to the upright bike.
- Thursday 6/4 – PT – Day 2 of rest from running since
- Friday 6/5 – 30 minutes on the bike and 40 minutes on the elliptical – I actually did 20 on the elliptical, 30 bike, then 20 again on the elliptical. My feet go numb on the elliptical, so I decided to split it up.
- Saturday 6/6 – PT
- Sunday 6/7 – 3.45 miles, 40:31 minutes – I set out to do a 5K and added some detours around the halfway mark since I was feeling good. Except for my calves. My calves hate me. There is no other cardio that can prepare your calves for running, which is scary. My foot is a little tight right now. Nowhere near what it was last week after 5 miles, or this week after that 1 mile. But still sore. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.
This week is a crazy work week. I work a 12 hour day on Tuesday. Tuesday would be the day that I run again, but I think it’s a blessing that I have to take 2 days off, especially since my foot is sore. I plan to do 3 miles Wednesday, 2 miles Friday, and 6 miles Sunday if my foot continues to bounce back after each run. It is 5 weeks until the half marathon and I would really like to get up to 11 miles prior. That’s going to be tough given that 5 miles debilitated me for a week.
I know I keep saying I’ll do it, but seriously, I need to do yoga this week. Given all my other problems, I’m going to snap my Achilles if I don’t. So the goal is 3 runs, 1 yoga, 1 crosstrain, 5 PT.