I’m an avid reader of Hungry Runner Girl. Single mom, runs marathons, blogs for a living. Very fun to read! She posted a running survey the other day that I really liked, and I thought it would make for a good post!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? Mountain trail, easy. Running in sand is a form of torture (yes, I say that a lot – I’m melodramatic – sue me)
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? Lemon-Lime
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? New shoes! Garmin! Fancy running shorts! Okay, I’m way over $100… Seriously, I would probably put it towards a Garmin, since I can’t afford to buy that on my own and my phone GPS adds 10% distance to everything (i.e. I ran 8 miles, it said I ran 8.8…HUGE difference, always disappointing when I enter the route at my computer).
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? Training plan. Otherwise I’ll just keep increasing and injure myself. For instance, I was only supposed to run ~3 miles this week, saving my mileage all for my 10 miler due tomorrow. Instead I ran 6 miles because I did not plan out my routes.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill? Start downhill, end uphill – because I always get a boost of energy when I know I’m close to the end.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? Choose to do!? None! Ha! Begrudgingly do? Bike. Want to do if it wasn’t so expensive/a hassle? Swim.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs? Loop
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—> Pair of underwear specifically designed for running – Saucony Runderwear or Champion running boy shorts – changed my life.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs? Rats on trash day!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? Not lost like ‘I don’t know where I am’ lost, but lost like ‘I don’t know where I’m supposed to go to follow the route I mapped’
I realized her survey is 20 questions, and this post is really long because I talk a lot, so I decided to split it in 2.