- Cardio = 792 minutes [May = 347]
- Total Distance = 46.74 miles [May = 26.41 miles]
- Average Daily Steps = 9950 [May = 8230] – Well hot damn. I’m getting close to actually averaging the goal.
- Average Daily Calories = 1470 [May = 1540] – Literally only because of the day I ran as much as I ate. Without that day, my average was 1515, which I am surprised to see is less than last month. In order to lose 1 pound per week, this should be at 1200. In order to lose any weight, I think it needs to be below 1450. I’m getting there?
- Weight = 133.8 lbs – Last month I said I didn’t care. Now, I care. I have a pool party to go to in 3 weeks and a week long beach vacation in mid August. Once this half marathon motherfucker is out of the way, my fitness priorities will be very different.
Cardio was my main goal for June – challenging myself to 720 minutes of cardio (about 3 hours per week). Look up! I FUCKING DID IT. Love accomplishing goals. Setting the goal did make me go to the gym at least once a week for some serious cross training.
I also ran the most miles in a month…EVER. I’m actually surprised right now that I’m not in worse shape injury-wise. Last time I hit 30 miles in a month was when I first experienced how debilitating tendinitis can be. I’ve come a long way since then.
Seeing this much progress with my running, makes me want to go out and run 5 miles a day. Obviously I’m not going to do that, but I also need to be wary of the more subtle ways I push myself. I did speedwork yesterday, for the first time ever, less than 2 weeks before the half. Did it go well? Yes. Could it have gone poorly? Definitely yes. The next week and a half is about holding myself back. This is taper time, not training time.
I didn’t train enough miles. I didn’t train enough hills. I didn’t train enough long runs.
But, I can’t keep training up until the race. I sprained my fucking ankle less than 5 months ago. I just started running again about 2 months ago. That 2 months of training for a half marathon coming off of an injury. The most important thing right now is reminding myself that “I didn’t train hard enough” does not mean “I didn’t try hard enough.”
July’s goal is finish that half marathon in less than 3 hours.
The last 2 weeks of July will probably not see much running, so the secondary goal is to keep up my fitness. Workout. Break out the Jillian Michael’s videos again. Go to the gym 3x per week.