I’ve been in a really pissed off mood this week, or the world has been exceptionally annoying. Either way, here are 5 things that were annoying this week:
- I get to work Monday morning. Coworker asks how my weekend was. I say, “Eh, it was fine – nothing special.” Coworker replies, “Are you tired? You look really tired!” I wasn’t tired. Had a good night’s sleep, actually. How do you respond to that?!
- Dude on the bus Monday morning is wearing a scarf. It’s already 75 degrees outside. He’s also carrying a book by Chaucer. Seriously, dude? If people used ‘basic bitch’ to describe guys, you are the definition.
- I started a wedding registry on Zola. They sent me survey to fill out. Being the good, formerly-majored-in-marketing person that I am, I fill it out. Then I discover their age brackets are 5 shades of fucked up. I’m usually in the first 1 or 2 brackets, not the middle. Assholes.(yes, I understand that is probably the accurate distribution for people getting married. what the fuck ever)
- Tuesday night I get home from work at 5:30 and there is a party bumpin upstairs. I’m on the first floor, and a group of young guys moved in upstairs, the only other unit in the building. I’m trying to listen to music while I cook dinner and I can barely hear it. Who the fuck has a party on a Tuesday night?? Around 9pm, since I’m trying to get 8 hours of sleep each night, I ring their doorbell over 5 times. They come down. I say, “You need to quiet down.” They look at me like I have 5 heads and proceed to tell me that a “greeting would be nice” and they apologize for the noise, but they really want to be peaceful and have nice neighbors. I say something along the lines of, that’s great and all, but I can’t even hear my TV – the music, the yelling, all of it needs to be quieter. They proceed to argue that I need to be nicer, so I just walk back into my apartment and lock the door. Go fuck yourselves. That was me being nice and peaceful. Calling the cops would have been me being mean. Also, you want peaceful? Ask your neighbors before you have a fucking party on a Tuesday.
- SO, I almost made it Wednesday to Friday without anything more annoying to write about. Then, I grabbed the free Metro newspaper at the subway station on my way in, like I do every morning. Fold it to the crossword section and realize that it’s the same crossword puzzle as yesterday. Apparently, Thursday’s newspaper was the Weekend Edition. It is meant to suffice for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I know I shouldn’t complain about a free newspaper, but that’s bullshit.