I scheduled this post yesterday (which is ‘today’ as I write it…which is weird). I will post a race recap this week, but I have a feeling I’m not going to want to do anything “right now” after the race.
- PT = 2.5x – new personal low
- Miles = 18.8 miles (includes half)
- Cardio = 2 hours 47 minutes (excludes half…so probably 5 hours)
- Workouts = 6x
- Monday 7/6 – Gym (15 min. upright bike, 30 min. recumbent), 20 squats, PT – I’ve been saying I’d do the upright bike and I finally did. And it sucked. Holy hell that hurts my crotch and inner thighs. I quickly moved to the recumbent bike.
- Tuesday 7/7 – 3.15 mile run, 35:33 minutes, Stretch, 1/2 PT – I haven’t had a good run since my 8 miles 2+ weeks ago. Perhaps because I’ve been pushing it? My knees have been starting to hurt, so I’ll be researching and treating runner’s knee this week. One cool thought I just had – I don’t have to run next week. Woohoo! That means I have to workout and eat right. Boo!
- Wednesday 7/8 – The other 1/2 PT, Foam Roll, Gym (20 min. elliptical, 20 min. recumbent, 10 min. arc trainer, 10 min. lateral elliptical) – The FH was busy tonight and we didn’t have leftovers at the house, so I had an excuse to eat at Boloco after the gym (my gym is on top of a Boloco and an Au Bon Pain). This, along with My Fitness Pal, gave me the motivation to burn enough calories to have a mini Nutella shake (it’s the size of about 2 shot glasses and still has 388 calories) in addition to a summer burrito bowl. That’s a lot of motivation, and is directly tied to the fact that I threw in some arc trainer and lateral today.
- On a separate tangent only barely having to do with this workout… As part of my PT, I have to do calf stretches by dropping my heel off a step. I always have trouble finding the right foot placement to really feel the stretch. Today, I discovered that I can mimic that motion and get a better stretch with the bike foot pedals:
- Thursday 7/9 – 2.58 mile run, 27 min. – I didn’t even bother bringing my phone with me since the GPS is so temperamental, so my time is just by looking at the clock when I left and got back – could have been 26:01 or 27:59, no idea. It did feel fast. I only stopped to walk once to cross a street and then some, so that was some pretty steady running. I’m experiencing major tightness in my calves and hamstrings, and some knee pain. Cancel my meetings, I’ll be stretching for the next 72 hours.
- Friday 7/10 – Yoga for Hips, Hamstrings & Back – Holy hell, that felt good. I hate yoga, but the logical side of me knows that it will help my running and I should have been doing it more frequently this whole time. Better late than never?
- Saturday 7/11 – Stretched and did 1/2 PT
- Sunday 7/12 – Half Marathon mother fuckers! Race recap will be posted on Tuesday.