- House Update: WE CLOSE NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! Woohoo!!! Wrote our last rent check ever this week. My life and free time is about to be turned upside down. Painting, fixing, buying, packing, moving…all with a vacation sandwiched in the middle. Holy cow.
- At work, we’re really starting to focus on unconscious bias and education about racism. It’s been disheartening and fascinating and educational and painful. I thought I would share some sources:
- TED Talk – Allegories on Race & Racism – 20 minutes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhcY6fTyBM
- What is Privilege? – 4 minutes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhcY6fTyBM
- Unconscious Bias tests (what are your unconscious biases? becoming conscious of them is half the battle) – https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
- Less heavy topic at work, BURRITO BOATS! These are the best tortillas I’ve ever had!
- I met up with a high school friend last night who I haven’t seen in a few years (even though we only live a few towns apart!). It was as if no time had passed. I drank this delicious IPA (not very grapefruit-y, but good nonetheless):
- One of our topics of conversation was running. She ran her first half last year and is signing up for 1 or 2 in October. Long story short, I think I may be signing up for the Baystate Half Marathon. More to come!