Writing from my phone since we won’t have internet set up until next Sunday…ugh. i did no physical therapy this week and my feet are sore. Gotta get back on that so i don’t injure myself again. I did, however, complete my first full week of half marathon training! I included pace in my stats below because it’s something I want to focus on – shorter run, faster pace…long run, slower pace. Right now i run everything about the same.
- RUNNING: 4 day, 15.5 miles ✔
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: 0 day X
- INDIVIDUAL EXERCISE GOALS: 0 Burpees, 0 Pull Ups, 0 Squats
- WORK OUTS: 4 ✔
- MEASUREMENTS: No progress, but no backslide, either. That’s like “no news is good news,” right?
- Weight: 134.4 lbs
- Chest: 33″
- Waist: 31″
- Lower Waist: 34″
- Thigh: 22″
- Monday 8/17 – 3 miles, 34 minutes [11:23 pace] – So, I’ve smoked and drank [A LOT] 9 days in a row. I haven’t run in a week. I have a sinus infection. AND it’s 90 degrees outside. How did I think this would be a good run?
- Tuesday 8/18 – Packing…does that count?
- Wednesday 8/19 – 4.2 miles, 48 min [11:16 pace] – The first 2 miles felt really good, the 3rd was shit, and the 4th I powered through even though I wanted to walk. A successful run, overall.
- Thursday 8/20 – 3.2 miles, 37 min [11:34 pace] – Let’s not pretend. This run SUCKED. Surprisingly I did run almost the whole thing…I say that with a loose definition of the word RUN. My back is also starting to bug from moving boxes everyday. Advil and Bengay for me, today!
- Friday 8/21 – PACKING…yeah I didn’t get to any PT or stretching this week. I’m asking for injuries and I know. UGH. Moving is hard!
- Saturday 8/22 – 5 mile run, 58 min [11:32 pace]
Half marathon training – 16 Miles: 3 miles Monday, 4 Wednesday, 3 Thursday, 6 Saturday.
Strength Training: 1 Workout + Burpees + Pull Ups + Squats
3 PT + 1 Yoga + Foam Rolling