- RUNNING: 3 days, 18 miles
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: 0 days X
- Monday 10/12 – Hello, relaxation! While I’m opposed to celebrating Columbus because he did NOT discover America, I’ll take my days off wherever I can get ’em.
- Tuesday 10/13 – 2.4 miles, 1 hour – Yeah, you read that right. I tried to get Reba to run with me. It did NOT work. She ended up totally giving up on walking, let alone running, which left me picking up a 50 lb. pit bull by the harness and carrying her down the street (much to the amusement/concern of people leaving for work). What an asshole. While this shouldn’t count for a run, it was definitely a work out, and I did get a couple sprints in.
- Wednesday 10/14 – 3.4 miles, 36 minutes – My last run before the half definitely made up for yesterday’s hour long debacle. It was a run that didn’t feel right from the beginning, but I pushed through at a decent pace anyway.
- Thursday 10/15 – 20 squats – I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and a bad sinus cold today, so I stayed home from work and mostly hung out on the couch all day. Of course, over a mostly injury-free training cycle, I get sick 4 days before the race.
- Friday 10/16 – Post-Run Yoga – After a day on the couch, I did not realize how tight I would be. I have to find time for another yoga session tomorrow. The FILs (Future In Laws) are in town this weekend, so that’s unlikely, but I gotta. Seriously, my hammmmstrrrriiiiiinggggs.
- Saturday 10/17 – Instead of doing yoga, I went to 3 different breweries with the FILs. Smuttynose was the best brewery tour! I did stretch before bed, so that’s something.
- Sunday 10/18 – Race Recap coming tomorrow!
Zero. Zero goals for the upcoming week. I’ll get in my cardio by walking the dog. I’ll also do my best to watch what I eat…right after I claim my free birthday sundae from J.P.Licks!