I did my price lookup before I even received the bag and was surprised to find lots of new brands, and not cheap ones. Usually I haven’t heard of someone for a reason (because you can only find discontinued products at Christmas Tree Shop), but this time, no. I’m excited to to try ModelCo and INSPR.
- SLMissGlam Boutique Blusher Brush ($14.50) – First things first, this is a seriously beautiful website. However, the brush is too small/circular/concentrated…I’m not sure the right word, but I end up with too bright blush in a concentrated circle on my cheeks. Meh.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara sample ($20 for full size) – This was the full size I got in my LashStash (see review) and I like it, so I’m pumped I got more. This will extend the time between buying a new mascara.
- Coolway Stronghold Spray ($20) – I don’t really use hairspray at all, so my review for this is terrible = it’s hairspray and it works as hairspray. Haha. I don’t think I’d ever spend $20 on hairspray, but it’s not an important part of my getting ready routine.
- ModelCo Highlighting Trio ($22) – Can someone teach me how to use this? Their website has a lot of “How To” articles, but I couldn’t find one for the highlighting. They should really link those with relevant products. It seems like a good product. I used the really light one on the tops of cheekbones and it blended well. I used the medium one as a blush – also worked well, but I don’t know if that’s how it should be used since it’s a “highlighter.” IDK.
- INSPR Beauty Eyeshadow ($13) – Nice copper tinted mauve, but should not be used without a dark eyeliner because it’s just the right hue for when you’re sick and your eyes are reddish and puffy.
TOTAL FULL SIZE VALUE = $89.50 <– After complaining about the value of products in the last 3 months of bags, I’m impressed and satisfied with this one. All products are affordable, but not cheap. Despite my less than stellar reviews, I did like this bag. The eyeshadow and mascara are products I’d actually buy, and they total more than what I paid already.
If you’re interested in receiving monthly beauty products from Ipsy, sign up HERE!