- City Sports is going out of business and I was pumped for all their exercise goodness to go on sale. However, it’s been 3 weeks and they’re still selling running shirts for ~$80. I went after work this week and you can literally see TJMaxx from the City Sports store, so I wasn’t impressed with any of their clothing sales because I could walk across the street and get the same thing for 50% less. However, I am in the market for another pair of Mizuno’s. I don’t NEED them right now, but if I can get them on sale, I know I’ll use them. Me and 5 other randos are stalking the shoe wall for awhile. I pick out what I want, which is on sale for $89, and track down an employee to get it in my size. He proceeds to inform me that the “shoe floor is closed for inventory.” Are you fucking kidding me? While you sit there and watch 6 people investigate the “shoe floor” for 20 minutes without saying anything?! Fuck
you sir for wasting my time. On my walk back to the T, I ran into DSW to let off some steam by trying on frivolous shoes from their clearance section. Lo and behold I find the same Mizuno’s there on sale for $76 and in my size. No wonder why City Sports is going out of business.
- My cough is finally starting to get better. I made it a whole work day without cough syrup. I’ve gone through almost a whole bottle since Sunday, so this was quite an accomplishment. Shout out to Delsym Grape flavor – delicious AND effective!
- It took me 2 years to read Anna Karenina, and I just blew through The Perks of Being a Wallflower in 2 weeks. Holy shit, that was a great book. While not technically challenging, like Anna, it was emotionally challenging. I really wish I had read the end while I was at home, instead of on the subway pulling up to my stop. I didn’t have a chance to feel all the feelings.
- Having to walk the dog at 6:30AM in the rain has really given me a new outlook on what I think is appropriate to wear out in public:
- Hungry Runner Girl posted this the other day. If it doesn’t make you want to get up and exercise this weekend, I don’t know what will!