5 Things I’ve Spent a Stupid Amount of Money On Recently…
- Small Berry Tray with Fruit Dip ($9.99) – I wanted a snack. Specifically, a healthy snack. Did I want a healthy snack that cost $10? Sure! Why not?! This was a tray with blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries with a little container of cream cheese dip. It was delicious and it did last 2 days. BUT, I should have bought the separate ingredients. It would have cost more, but it would have lasted all week.
- Dad’s Birthday Gift ($100) – My dad hates his birthday. He will never give me a list and perpetually doesn’t want anything. I decided to make a “getting older kit” with old people vitamins, Aspercreme, reading glasses…crap like that. A drug store gift, essentially. Never in my right mind did I think it would all add up to $100! This one was worth it because it’s all stuff he’ll use, but he was less than impressed with the wrinkle cream…
- New sweater and pants from Old Navy ($60) – I ordered these items because I couldn’t figure out what to wear for engagement pictures and decided I needed new clothes. After I placed the order, I picked out 2 outfits of the multitude of clothes I already have and tried to cancel my order, but it was too late. Then I got the stuff and I kept it because I like it (hello green and navy plaid pants!), but really? I didn’t need it!
- UnderArmour Running Tights ($27) – So FH got some $10 off UA stuff promo gift card and gave it to me. I saw these tights on sale for $37, thought it was a great deal and clicked order as quickly as possible. The problems with this are… A. The tights were originally $50, so $37 wasn’t even a great deal, B. Running pants at TJMaxx are $25 or less, C. These are the most basic ones ever and have no reflective stripes…not good for black pants in the winter when I never see the sun. But at least I can feel like a badass athlete in name brand gear?
- 10 Year High School Reunion ($50 for 2 tickets) – Why did I do this?? Why?!?!? There were “light hor d’oeuvres” included. No drinks. And we did not eat $25 worth of goddamn cheese and crackers. I also only talked to the 2 people I already talk to. That is the last reunion I will ever go to.