- Saturday, I got to watch my sister’s (let’s call her R) pole vaulting meet. She’s almost 17, but still weighs 98 lbs, but is really good at pole vaulting, so her coach had to custom order a pole for her. You need a longer pole the higher you go, but they get heavier as they get bigger.
- Sunday, I escaped in an Uber to go watch the Patriots game, after my mom told me I couldn’t leave because I didn’t have a car there (may I remind you that I am 29 years old, own a house, have lived on my own for 10 years). I found a Patriots bar in Texas!! Here’s a Texas truck flying a Patriots flag high and proud!
- Sunday night, R drove me and my other sister (let’s call her V, she’s 15 years old) to the mall to try on bridesmaids dresses. I can’t get over the fact that she can drive. And V has her permit!
- They are picky teenagers who did NOT like anything, but I thought they looked cute!
- I also ate a LOT of good food there. Chicken and biscuits at the hotel breakfast where we stayed for the pole vaulting meet. Frito pie (apparently a bunch of fritos covered in chili and cheese) for sale at the pole vaulting meet. Ahhhmazing!