- Goals: Run twice X and do PT twice ✔
Since my goal for the year is to “get in shape,” I should start tracking my “shape.” The two measurements I care about to track are my weight and my stomach. I know you’re supposed to measure your waist at the smallest part, your natural waist about 2 inches above your belly button…BUT, that’s not the waist I care about. I care about the bulge that’s lower than that, so I measure at my belly button – which gives me a consistent marker to measure at. For both I’m going to round to the nearest whole number, which will hopefully negate measurement variations (how tight I pull the measuring tape) and daily variations (since my weight moves around quite a bit day to day). Current measurements are:
- Weight = 136 lbs
- Waist = 35 inches
- Thursday 1/7 – PT – It was 9:48pm when I got back from walking the dog, and still hadn’t done anything for the day. I got ready for bed and stayed up an extra 20 minutes to finish my PT. That’s more effort than usual. New year, new me!
- Friday 1/8 – 2.79 mi run [11:45 pace] – It was dark out and 25 degrees F and 5:45AM on a Friday. Not my favorite kind of run (but I still did it! – that’s the theme of 2016, but I will stop saying it at some point, pinky swear).
- Sunday 1/10 – PT – I was also supposed to run today, but it was pouring out all day. Instead I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, modules of an online class, etc. I definitely wasn’t unproductive.
- Run twice: FH has a resolution to walk the dog in the morning a few times a week. That will help me run more! Yay for mutually beneficial goals.
- PT twice: just to keep me injury free.
- Workout twice: I have already signed up for a Core Fusion Sports class on Thursday, so I just need to do one at home workout to accomplish this one.
I will recognize that this coming week’s goals are more ambitious than I’ve had since October. Next week I’ll start setting some food goals.