- In the endless sea of meal delivery services, we tried Just Add Cooking recently. It’s local to Boston and first timers get 3 meals for $39, which is definitely cheaper than what I spend at the grocery store. If you live in the area and are interested, my referral code is REFPVZE. The coolest thing about them, IMO, is that they deliver on Sunday (whereas Blue Apron is Wednesday). I think it’s because it’s so local. Literally, a guy in a pick up truck with 2 dogs dropped off our first box. We ate oriental salmon, bangers and mash, and chile con carne. It was easier to cook than Blue Apron, but also very plain (example: the sides for the salmon were white rice and cut up cucumber…that’s it). Everything’s fresh and local, though, so that’s a plus. I still think I’m partial to Blue Apron because the recipes are unique and not something I’d ever try on my own. I’m going to try Marley Spoon next week, though! (seriously, they never end!)
- Not spending money is not going smoothly. I need to get Sephora to stop sending me emails, and I should cancel my Rue La La membership, etc. I also spent a ton of money on Mother’s Day presents and I haven’t even bought my mom something, yet…just my stepmom, grandmother, aunt, and mother-in-law.
- I’ve been having a lot of little injuries, aches and pains and I know I need to find new running shoes. Partially because my good ones (Mizuno Wave Inspire 10) have been in use for over a year and have run 2 half’s; and because the second pair of “good ones” I bought are the newer version (11) and they do NOT fit the same. My Brooks gave me a blister and I put them in the donate pile. My Asics hurt my arches when I’m walking, so I put them in the donate pile. Thus, I saw a new Asics support shoe for sale on Rue La La for $70, these Gel Noosa Tri 10’s (yes, they’re for a triathlon, but whatever): BUT, despite that fact that I’m a size 8 in all my running shoes, including other Asics, these were WAY too small. Why the fuck aren’t sizes consistent across one brand? I know I’m asking too much for them to be consistent across all shoes, but one brand??? UGH.
- I had my 2nd therapy appointment. I don’t know if this one was as helpful as the first. It definitely didn’t flow as much because now I’m pushed to talk about current things. We even talked about how I’m uncomfortable with silences. Haha. I guess I’m trying to figure out why I’m there and articulate that. There’s a million things I want to improve on in my life, but none of them are directly tied to a therapist…more like a running coach, physical therapist, career coach, etc. So, I’m not sure where to start or what to talk about.
- I started “sandbagging” which, despite sounding like a weird sex act (and probably still is if you go to urban dictionary), is a make-up trick used my Kim Kardashian’s make up artist. Say what you want about the Kardashians, but their make up is on point. I’ve been using some cheap, translucent powder that came in an ipsy bag and it’s working so well. I’ve even been putting mascara on my bottom lashes, which I haven’t done in years! Here’s a picture at the end of the day, with no rubbing or fixing at all during the day: