I know I’m slacking in the blog-writing arena. Sometimes living life is more important than documenting it. That sounded super uppity and self-important. It just means I’ve been busy.
As for all the shit that’s happening in the world right now, I don’t even know what to say. I just feel that it would be insensitive to not at least acknowledge the Orlando shootings, how horrific and terrible for the victims, the families, and the country. Love is Love. Love wins. I hope the world can find justice and peace, and that those are not mutually exclusive.
Having said that, I am going to continue as I normally would.
- Boot Camp Class ✓
- Run 3x per week X
- Total Mileage = 5 miles
- Avg 1350 calories/day X Actual = 1657 calories per day. I was visiting my MOH for the weekend and indulged in a 2600 calorie day. Oops.
- Weight = 135 lbs
- Monday 6/6 – Fit Body Boot Camp – I really liked this. It was hard, I was sweating, but it was only 30 minutes. I wish it were a little cheaper, since it’s only 30 minutes, but whaddya gonna do. Also, they were filming my class for a Yelp! commercial and asked me for a testimonial afterwards. I’m gonna be internet famous! And SO SWEATY.
- Tuesday 6/7 – 2.8 mile run [10:13 pace] – Will running ever be easy? You would think after doing it consistently since March, it would feel better, but no.
- Wednesday 6/8 – 2.2 mile run [11:17 pace] – Everything is tight and everything hurts and I’m supposed to do 5 miles on Friday…
- Friday 6/10 – PT and Yoga – I’m supposed to do a 5 miler today, but I’ve been wearing my knee brace for the last 2 days because I tweaked it again, stretching it after Wednesday’s run. I really have to stop attempting pigeon pose. I’m not actually training for anything, so there’s no point in doing 5 miles and making it worse. I spent that hour rehabbing.
- Run 3x per week
- Average 1350 calories/day
Taking out boot camp this week because I just flew back from Phoenix on the red eye. Then the future in-laws are in town Friday through Sunday. If I get in the 3 runs with the jet lag, cleaning and entertaining I have to deal with, it’ll be a miracle.
I do have another race in the 5K summer series, but with my knee buggin, IDK if I will do as well as I have been.