This box was dubbed The Minimalist.
- |★☆☆☆☆| Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It ($31)- This is a creme that is supposed to help with air dried hair. Since I hate blow drying and straightening, I’ve been looking for something like this. Leave in conditioner + mousse has worked pretty well. The first day I used this, I did as instructed and clipped my hair in a bun for awhile to tamp down the frizz, but I don’t think I left it long enough because it was hella frizzy.
The second day I left the bun in for 2 hours and the results weren’t much better. I tossed this. I have no room for products that barely work.
- |★★★★☆| Bare Minerals bareSkin Bronzer ($28)- This is a beautiful transparent bronze. I docked it a star because it’s so liquidy that I accidentally pour out much more than I need.
- |★★★☆☆| Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara ($24) – Reviewed before here. One of my least favorite.
- |★★☆☆☆| Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($32) – I wore this for a run, and when I showered afterwards everything felt slimy and gross, so I can’t imagine wearing it swimming. I also tossed this.
- |★★★☆☆| Becca Backlight Priming Filter ($38) – Beautiful looking product with a flattering shimmer. Seems almost sad that it gets covered up by foundation. I like it, but I prefer a matte look, so the shimmer “backlight” isn’t for me.
- |★★☆☆☆| Tocca Beauty Florence Perfume ($68) – It’s not terrible, but still too flowery for me. I also hate when samples come in little tubes with just a cap, no sprayer.