My last Play! box – whomp whomp. Since I’m trying to save money, I figured I should stop automatically spending it.
- |★★★★★| Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer ($30) – I thought this was going to be way too dark, but I was pleasantly surprised, both with the hue and the smell. It literally smells like a dusted cocoa powder all over my face.
- |★★★★☆| blotterazzi by beautyblender ($20) – This is basically a flat beauty blender meant to sop up oil. It’s a interesting concept and it seems to work, but it’s not quite as satisfying as seeing all the oil on regular blotting papers.
- |★☆☆☆☆| Oaui Wave Spray ($26) – No. Just no. Big frizzy hair. Picture evidence below. It also smells like perfume. I left one star here because my hair generally doesn’t work will with these types of products, so maybe…just maybe…it’s my hair.
- |★★★☆☆| Citrine by NEST perfume ($68) – A nice floral scent that smells like actual flowers in nature and not like chemical-y perfume.
- |★★★★★| Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay by First Aid Beauty ($24) – LOVE this. It smells like a spa in Arizona – earthy and clean. It’s a red liquid, but not thick like I assumed. The clay is suspended within it. It leaves my face really clean, no oil or shine, but not stripped, either.
- |★★★☆☆| Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer by Smashbox ($39) – Smashbox’s regular primer is my favorite – better than NYX and CoverFX. This pore minimizing one is basically a more expensive version of the NYX one I have. It’s a paste meant to fill in pores, but I don’t really notice my pores too much. I also don’t use enough foundation to really warrant spending money on a primer.