This was an interesting assortment. Not much in the way of actual makeup…
- |★★★★☆| Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5 in 1 Styling Treatment ($15) – I’ve reviewed this before, and to reiterate, it works really well, but I don’t like the feeling of product (any product) in my hair, so…
- |★★★☆☆| Dr. G My Skin Mentor BB Cream ($32) – I would never pay that much for a cream that I’m not quite sure what it’s purpose is, but I do like it. I’ve been using it as a tinted moisturizer, essentially, and it has good coverage. Feels slightly heavy, but for something w/sunscreen, that’s not so bad.
- |★★☆☆☆| Too Faced Lip Injection ($28) – I’m really torn on this one. It made my lips look amazing – berry colored, plump (god that’s a gross word, isn’t it?). But, it made them feel tight, burning, chafed (also a gross word). For someone who is prone to cold sores (yup, I’m just on a roll with the gross stuff right now), using it makes me nervous.
- |★★★★☆| Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum ($38) – This seems…fine. It hydrates, which is in the name, so that’s good…right? Honestly, I can rarely tell the difference between moisturizers. As long as they don’t have a lot of perfume or chemicals that irritate my face, I’m good to go.
- |★★★★★| Coastal Scents Elite Bamboo Collection Medium Shadow Brush ($3) – I LOVE this brush. I couldn’t find the exact one for sale outside of a set, but no matter. It’s great! Big enough to apply to the lid or the highlight in one sweep.