- Run 3x ✓
- Mileage = 15.6 miles
- PT 2x ✓
- Workout 2x ✓
- Yoga 1x ✓
- Average 1350 calories/day X
- 1555 calories <– Not so bad, especially given my devil-may-care, my wedding is in 6 fucking days, I’m eating whatever I want attitude.
- Tuesday 9/20 – Yoga + PT – I slept too late to run (no excuse, I know), so I did some yoga and holy hell (per usual) I should always be doing yoga.
- Wednesday 9/21 –Yoga + 2.2 miles @ 11:50 pace – Not a huge fan of that yoga video. It moved too fast and didn’t explain things. I think I like ones targeted to runners better. Today was my first run with Runkeeper. It’ll take a little getting used to, but so far so good.
- Thursday 9/22 – Yoga + 5K – I’ve never tried to meet a pace goal, besides ‘slow’ or ‘fast’. This is my last 5K of this race series and, even though I’m feeling more beat up than I have all summer, I want to close it out with a PR. So, I set RunKeeper to update me every 0.25 miles because I’m terrible at pacing myself. My PR pace was 8:53 min/mile, so my goal was 8:50 or less. The only thing that fucked that up was that I started RunKeeper about a minute before we crossed the start line because the announcer kept talking. Then my first .25 mi was somewhere around a 12 minute pace. By the time I finished my first mile I got it down to under 8:50, but that means I was running much faster than I should have been. My splits ended up looking like 7-8-9, buuuuuttt….
….I PR’D!!! 26:11! 8:26 minutes/mile — That’s OVER a minute off my time!
- Friday 9/23 – Toned Arms
- Sunday 9/25 – 10.26 miles @ 11:19 pace + PT – Hell yeah I did 10 miles! My hip is all wonky and my feet are killing me, but I did 10 miles. That pace puts me around a 2:30 half marathon, which is fine, but I’d like to get closer to a 2:15.
Oh yeah, did I mention? I signed up for a half! The Cambridge Half Marathon! And, lucky me (* sarcasm *), it’s just a few weeks after I get back from my honeymoon. So that should work out well HAH. I just can’t believe that I’m now the kind of person who can sign up for a half with only 8 weeks to train, and 3 of those weeks being a vacation. I think I’m a runner, now? lol
~ WEDDING WEEK ~
- Monday – Bootcamp
- Tuesday – PT + Yoga
- Wednesday – Run
- Thursday – Arm Workout