Last year, I made one resolution – to get in shape. Frankly, I think I’m in the same shape I was last year. Yes, I made some small improvements in time for the wedding in October. Tracked my calories and exercised regularly for ~9 months, but I got so overwhelmed by the rigidity that, after the wedding, I haven’t looked at calories or said no to anything since. I need to find my happy medium.
This year, I’m making 12 goals – one for each month. I think it’ll be a fun way to keep my resolutions top of mind, since they’ll change every 4 weeks and it’s a way to incorporate alllll of the things I want to improve on!
- January: Drink 3 bottles of water every day, no cappuccinos
- February: No alcohol on weeknights
- March: Run 50 miles in the month
- April: Go to sleep by 9:30PM Sunday through Thursday
- May: Don’t buy anything for yourself (no clothes, makeup, etc.) – necessities only
- June: Go to sleep by 9pm Sunday through Thursday
- July: Run 100 miles in the month
- August: No desserts or breakfasts that could pass for desserts
- September: Run a marathon
- October: Yoga 3 times per week
- November: Make a pie from scratch (including the crust!) for Thanksgiving.
- December: Make cookies for everyone on my list