- Run 3x ✓
- 3, 4, 6 miles
- PT 4x ✓
- APRIL RESOLUTION: Go to bed by 9:30pm on weeknights X
- For the whole month, I ended up adhering to this 12 nights out of 20…so a 60% success rate. Still a grade of D, but that’s passing in some circles and it was better than my no drinking on weeknights resolutions.
- Monday 4/24 – 3 mi @ 10:58 min/mi + PT + Arm Workout – First run of marathon training is in the books! I also downloaded an app called 30 Day Fitness Challenge where you choose a type of workout (full body, arms, etc.) and a level (easy, medium, hard) and it gives you at-home, no-equipment moves to do every day for 30 days. I started with an easy arm work out and so far each day has been escalating reps of push-ups, dips, mountain climbers, and planks. If you turn the sound on, it will play a video of the move and count with you. AND time your plank, which is my favorite part.
- Tuesday 4/25 – PT – My 30 Day Challenge had a rest day.
- Wednesday 4/26 – 20 min Elliptical + Arms + Glutes – I started a 2nd 30 day challenge for dat ass. I also did cross training on the elliptical. And started tracking my calories again, because a skirt I bought years ago when I was at my biggest no longer zips. Mother. Fucker.
- Thursday 4/27 – 4 mi @ 11 min/mi + Arms + Glutes – I ran this with my new Under Armour Europa shoes that record my workouts and connect to Map My Run. Ummm, apparently your cadence is supposed to be around 180. Mine’s 136…
- Saturday 4/29 – PT + Kickboxing + Glutes + Arms – Yup I did em all! AND took a 2 mile walk with the dog.
- Sunday 4/30 – 6 mi @ 11:11 min/mi + PT + Glutes + Post Run Yoga – Yeah, I pretty much just fucking crushed that 6 mile run.
- MAY RESOLUTIONS: Don’t buy anything for yourself (no clothes, makeup, etc.) – necessities only
- Yes, I went shopping today to prepare. I needed athletic socks and underwear. I’ve been getting blisters!
- Marathon training:
Week 1: 4 – 3 – 6
- Week 2: 4 – 3 – 7
- Week 3: 3 – 3 – 9
- Week 4: 5 – 3 – 7
- PT 4x