My 5 favorite nail polishes right now!
- Trust Fund Beauty in No Filter ($15) – “A deep neutral with greyish-purple undertones.” A seriously pretty, serious, sophisticated neutral. Opaque, easy to apply, minimal wear and tear.
- Ciate in Spinning Teacup ($13) – Pale lavender with good coverage and light enough to not notice chips.
- Sally Hansen in Greyfitti ($7) – I don’t understand why this is “gel” color, and it’s not exceptionally hearty (ed. I guess I’m supposed to use their Miracle Gel top coat because OF COURSE I am), but the pale, ceramic gray beautiful. Not too dark to be unprofessional, but just subversive enough to be an edgy neutral. Yeah, I just described a nail color as subversive… Tangent – What is greyfitti? Is it trying to be confetti? Or Nefertitti? Why doesn’t it have sparkles?
- Sinful Colors in Kule as a Kukumber ($4) – Cucumbers are NOT this color green (maybe ones spelled Kukumber are?), but this pale, sea foam green color with a bit of sparkle makes the herculean task of removing sparkle nail polish worth it.
- Essie in Skirting the Issue ($9)- The only real fall color of the bunch, this is a smoky merlot. It is slightly transparent and requires careful application, or else your nail beds look like they’re bleeding. My own inadequate application is why I stick mostly to lighter colors, but sometimes you just want the badass, sexy red nail.