- I came down with another sinus cold this week. 4 days before the half. Now I’ll get to run 13.1 miles with a sore throat and a cough. Yippee! Blech. I stayed home from work on Thursday, the day after the sore throat started. Usually, I wait til I’m really sick to stay home, but I think biting the bullet right away did me some good. While I don’t feel 100%, I never really dipped below 70%, so that’s better than most times I’m sick.
- Reba is doing pretty well. She does not like being left alone all day, and I feel bad, but we gotta work. My neighbors revealed on Sunday when I ran into them that she’s been barking a lot during the day. Since we’re not there, it’s really difficult to fix. When we are there, she barks randomly at noises in the stairwell, but just one bark at a time – not excessive at all. We know that she whines a lot for the first 5 or so minutes after we leave (it’s the saddest, sorriest whine). We stopped crating her in the bedroom and started gating her in the kitchen. I think she’s happier there, but now our kitchen looks deserted. We have a wine rack with no glasses or wine in it because she’ll chew anything when left alone. We also bought an anti-barking device that gets in today. Apparently, it emits a high pitched, only dogs can hear, noise when it detects barking. Hopefully that works! We don’t have the money to cover the mortgage and doggy day care.
- I made out pretty well for my birthday. Mostly gift cards, which is sort of annoying. I’m so indecisive that I ask for, say, bathroom accessories in white, so that way someone else can pick them out. Instead, I got a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I bought white and clear bathroom stuff with rope and twine accents. Finally, the bathroom is a grown up bathroom, not half dinosaur (not that I didn’t love the dinosaurs).
- I’m actually doing well in Fantasy Football this year — Devonta Freeman was the best decision I ever made.
- October is the best! This was just on my walk to work in front of the prettiest church I’ve ever seen!