- I have an unhealthy obsession with the songs “Love Yourself” and “Sorry” by Justin Bieber. I also have a completely healthy, rational hatred for Justin Bieber. I feel like my soul is deserting me every time I sing along wholeheartedly to his songs. But I just can’t help myself. To this end, I’ve been listening to AMP radio nonstop at work, and now know a whole host of super annoying songs. Oi vey. I don’t know who I am anymore.
- Tracking calories is hard. It’s even harder when someone else is doing the cooking. FH cooked 4 nights this week, for which I am totally grateful and everything was delicious. BUT, he made vietnamese pork belly for 2 nights and then bacon lasagna for 2 nights. Ummm, yeah, not so great with weight loss goals. I have to starve myself all day just to be able to eat dinner.
- I bought new running shoes! And I actually like them! Yay! Here are my Brooks Ravenna kicks: I got them at DSW for $70. I had to try them on in stores because the website said I needed a size 8.5 and I know running shoes are supposed to be bigger, but too big and you get blisters from all the moving around. When I tried them on, the size 8 was perfect, plenty of room to wiggle my toes, but fit the rest of my food comfortably snug. I’ve run in them once so far and the feel springy and light (only 8.8 oz!), but still really supportive.
- Also while I was at DSW, there was an older woman looking for support sneakers. The salesperson pointed to the entire row of Asics and said, “These are all support shoes, doctor recommended.” She proceeded to say that the variations between all the different versions were mostly just the different colors. Ummm…NO. I know from my own injuries in accidentally buying a Neutral Asics shoe, instead of a Support version, that THEY ARE NOT ALL SUPPORT SHOES. Fucking idiot.
- I forgot to put on my FitBit after a shower last week, and I haven’t put it on since. My wrist feels totally naked and I remembered that I have a birthmark on my wrist which I haven’t seen in years. I don’t feel a sense of freedom that I thought I would, not being beholden to the step count, but it also wasn’t influencing my behavior. If I ran, I made it to 10K steps. If I didn’t run that day, I was probably under my goal. Since I already track my running, that’s a pretty good barometer. It really wasn’t making me walk any more. I do feel like walking doesn’t “count” anymore, though.
- I found the band, The Pretty Reckless, on Amazon Prime stations and I’m obsessed. It’s modern classic rock (hah, that barely makes sense). Also, the lead singer is Jenny Humphrey’s from Gossip Girl. Honestly, I never would have believed that this deep voice could come out of her, but it’s awesome. I bought $25 worth of digital music from them so that I could put it on my mp3 player to run with.
- I’ve been reading a lot lately. Once I got over that Anna Karenina hump, I’ve read The Circle and The Glass Castle. Now, I’ve just started Mindy Kaling’s Why Not Me. I really want to reread all of
the Harry Potter books. They were some of my favorite. So much so that I’ve never seen the movies because I know it all looks different than what I picture in my head and I like my imagination’s version better. I technically own the hardcover set, but it resides at my mom’s house in Texas, so shipping and/or traveling with them all would be a pain in the ass. I think I’m going to download to my Kindle but it looks like EACH book costs $9! Ugh, we’ll see.
- I realized the other day that I wear 2 bras. Out of 18 in my drawer. I wear one black one and one beige one.
Occasionally, I wear a patterned one or the big black one (hahahahahaha) with lots of padding, but for the most part, it’s really just two. So, I decided I should donate some of the decent ones that don’t fit me right and buy more like the black and tan ones I wear (both Maidenform). Lo and behold, Maidenform was on Amazon’s deal of the day this week!
- Speaking of donating bras, I found this organization to donate to: Free the Girls. It’s a non-profit that helps victims of human trafficking. You fill out an online form and either ship them or drop off your donation. They have 2 drop off locations in MA and one of them is pretty convenient, so I did that.
- FH does not like Indian food. FH is gone this weekend. Thus, I bought enough Indian food to feed a family.
Now I have to plan on what I’m doing next weekend when he’s gone again!