- I saw hail for the first time in my life a few days ago. I knew we were supposed to get thunderstorms, so I expected the crazy lightning coming from the window behind my desk at work. Then I heard what I thought was rain. Then I realized how loud it was and turned around and it was gigantic hail. Glad I didn’t get caught in that on my commute (walk) home.
- As I was heading to the condo to clean up all our painting stuff, FH calls and asks in a very serious tone if I could pick up paper towels. I thought he spilled one of the paint trays all over the hardwood floor or something. Turns out, I had left the windows open (cuz, paint fumes, duh) and the hail storm had created very large puddles. Oops. The paint looks awesome, though!
smoky blue bedroom
not pictured, the spot behind FH’s head where the frog tape took off some of the base layer paint because it was bubbly or some shit…still gotta touch that up
goddamn those look good (and NOT like yankees pinstripes….UGH [FH family is from NY, so I’ve heard that once or twice])
- When I picked up paper towels, I bought 2 bags of chips. Couldn’t help myself…these sounded delicious!
I thought I would like truffle best. Turns out the biscuits and gravy is where it’s at. Salty, gravy-y, peppery. Delicious.
- I’m bad at packing light. I learned yesterday that I own 10 bathing suits. I only brought 8! That’s good, right?!
Clothes, hat, shoes all on the loveseat
Hair and shower stuff all on the exercise mat…still waiting to pack my make up!
- I ran 2 days in a row this week. Let me tell you why that’s exciting. The last time I did that was February 16th and then I was limping for a week, didn’t get to ski on our annual ski trip, and found out I had torn a ligament. That put me on no running for 2 months. So, running 2 days in a row was a really big deal for me today, and I wore my Half Marathon shirt for the occasion:
my arms aren’t long enough for selfies
Peace out girl scouts! I’m on vacation for a week. I have a few posts scheduled, but I’m not promising much besides that.
1. Sooooo, we closed on the condo on Wednesday. Besides being exhausted from endless trips to Home Depot, there was no excessive feeling. My coworker said she keeps waiting for it to hit me, but I’ve known it was happening for 2 months, so….yeah, whatever.
2. My hip really hurt after my run on Tuesday, so I haven’t run since. It’s painful right at my joint on the front of my thigh. Survey says….hip flexor tendinitis! Obviously, because my tendons hate me and inflame at every chance they get. I’ve been stretching and icing and taking Advil and it feels fine. My next 1/2 marathon training “starts” the week of vacation. Since the only training I’ll be doing that week is for a case race, I’ll get plenty of rest.
3. On our first Home Depot shopping trip we disagreed on everything. FH was super excited to get a heated towel rack, but they were too “expensive” so we got regular towel racks. Yet, these heated towel racks have been on our shopping list for months. Literally. And everything is expensive. We’re not going bankrupt by buying a heated towel rack. UGH. But I could not win this one. Apparently, we’re not alone in fighting at HD:
4. I did successfully buy paint! Having lived in white and eggshell for the past 10 years, I can’t wait to paint. It’s a little excessive, since the unit is freshly painted already. But, I decided to just paint one bedroom and one accent wall in the living room. The stripes will be this Rich Navy and the bedroom is a slightly lighter blue (still pretty dark). It took me about 2 hours to tape off half of these stripes. Why did I think this was a good idea?
5. Since I wasn’t supposed to use my credit card pre-closing, I had a few purchases saved up in my head and went nuts after Wednesday. I finally bought new running sneakers! IDK why I said finally. I have 3 pairs that all have less than 100 miles on them. Anyyywayyy, these Saucony Omnis are a stability shoe weighing 9.3 oz (about the same as my Asics, while my Mizunos weight 7.9 oz). They have more stability than my Mizuno’s, way more than my Asics, and slightly less than my Brooks, which should hit the sweet spot (though my Mizuno’s held up for the half, which was impressive and surprising). The Brooks weight 11.9 oz. and the bottom is so stiff that it hurts my foot. My hope is that these provide enough support to avoid more hip problems, but in a lighter, more comfortable shoe than Brooks Addiction.