- Umm, I just found out last week that they are making new Gilmore Girls!!!!!!!!! Thank god for Netflix! I watched this show from the first episode to the last, and watched reruns which were on at 5pm throughout college. Lorelai Gilmore is my spirit animal.
- As I’ve been logging calories eaten and calories burned, I realized I should get a heartrate monitor for at home workouts. But, I’m cheap, and I found this blog for Jillian Michaels videos, at least: http://www.workingouteatingin.com/calories-burned/.
- I’ve been on a groupon kick lately, and I bought for Best Tours in Boston. After much deliberation between the Drunk History tour and the Chocolate tour, we decided on the Chocolate Tour because we love chocolate, it’s more Valentine’s Day-y, and we want to get hammered at night, so we don’t want to start that early. Aside from the fact that it’s going to be -30 degrees Fahrenheit for our walking tour, I’m pretty pumped about it.
- In line with my latest groupon obsession, I started talking about laser hair removal last week. The next day I bought 2 groupons – one for my underarms and one for my bikini line. This week, I had my first of 6 appointments. A. HOLY HELL IT HURTS!!! It looks and feels (I imagine) like being struck by lightning. B. The lady doing it obsessed with brazilians (so not what I ordered) and her definition of bikini line is much more generous than my own. Hopefully, the hair grows back in enough to wear I can have her expand the outline next time. I just like to look like a grown woman down there.
- Speaking of laser hair removal, we’ve been making a little bit of progress with honeymoon planning. We decided to do 2 honeymoons, so that neither one of comprises and each gets exactly what we want!His part will be a relaxing, tropical beach vacation right after the wedding. My part will be a trip to Belgium and Amsterdam about a month later, complete with beer tastings, chocolate tours, waffles, and castles!
- I saw hail for the first time in my life a few days ago. I knew we were supposed to get thunderstorms, so I expected the crazy lightning coming from the window behind my desk at work. Then I heard what I thought was rain. Then I realized how loud it was and turned around and it was gigantic hail. Glad I didn’t get caught in that on my commute (walk) home.
- As I was heading to the condo to clean up all our painting stuff, FH calls and asks in a very serious tone if I could pick up paper towels. I thought he spilled one of the paint trays all over the hardwood floor or something. Turns out, I had left the windows open (cuz, paint fumes, duh) and the hail storm had created very large puddles. Oops. The paint looks awesome, though!
- When I picked up paper towels, I bought 2 bags of chips. Couldn’t help myself…these sounded delicious!
- I’m bad at packing light. I learned yesterday that I own 10 bathing suits. I only brought 8! That’s good, right?!
- I ran 2 days in a row this week. Let me tell you why that’s exciting. The last time I did that was February 16th and then I was limping for a week, didn’t get to ski on our annual ski trip, and found out I had torn a ligament. That put me on no running for 2 months. So, running 2 days in a row was a really big deal for me today, and I wore my Half Marathon shirt for the occasion:
Peace out girl scouts! I’m on vacation for a week. I have a few posts scheduled, but I’m not promising much besides that.
- First of all, I switched from the walking boot to an ankle brace. I had no idea what kind of brace to buy, so I ended up buying one from the Air Cast brand. It is terribly uncomfortable. I can’t tell if my foot is feeling better because it’s in pain in other places from the brace and from the fact that it hasn’t properly walked in a week. My arches are angry. Angry Angry Arches. Anyway…
- I have a vacation booked! It’s not until August and we don’t even get our own bedroom, but we’ll be in Ocean City, MD for 1 whole week on the beach with 15 of my closest friends. Hells yeah. Last time we went, the waves were insane. My bathing suits STILL have sand in the liners (despite washing, cutting holes in them, soaking, etc.) I also managed to flash like 5 people with bathing suit malfunctions. Good times. All of this necessitated bathing suit shopping, and what better time than in 10 degree weather while I’m wearing a walking boot?!
- Who in their right mind wears this bathing suit? A. Tan lines. B. Sausage casing. The solid back? With that front? I don’t understand.
- Is this really fucked up photoshopping? It almost looks like they tried to make her hip larger, rather than her waist smaller. Or did they cut off so much of her waist on the left side (her right) that the hip looks like an abnormal protrusion? I really don’t understand what I’m looking at.
- I ended up going to Target and getting this adorable bikini for $14.99 per piece in the store. At first I wasn’t sure about the “flounce” top. That and the criss-cross back cover 2 of my tattoos, things I usually want to show off in a bathing suit. The sports-bra-esque top makes me look pretty flat (which I am, so…haha). Howeva, the flounce top makes my stomach look cinched in. It gives me the correct proportions and it’s amazing. Even at my fittest, my measurements around my ribcage, waist, and just above my hips are within an inch of each other. I am straight up and down and flat as a board. I joke because it’s been this way my whole life and I’m more or less happy with it. That being said, this top makes me look downright curvy. I’m so happy I tried it on!